- Category: Software Engineering
- Published: 15 July 2014
B.Sc. Degree in Software Engineering
The enormous increase of computers' designed software packages and the different implementations of the software programs in appliances for the administration of complex financial, medical and administrative establishments to simple home appliances and games, has made software engineering specialists are in high demand.
The designing and development of such software require specialized engineering skills capable of utilizing computer sciences theories to solve difficult and complex software development problems.
The program aims to studying the best ways and means of designing, building and maintaining software systems using the computer science programming results; particularly the application of theories in the process of system design and build-up.
The program combines between the theories and the means of implementation in practicing of software engineering. Hence, particular attention is given to focusing towards the capability of developing software using adequately selected programming languages such as C++, JAVA, UNIX, WINDOWS and Chart Graphics, compatible systems, concurrent systems and methodology.
Areas of Work Opportunities
The graduates of software engineering have the opportunity for working in a wide sector of the market such software design, development and maintenance of software packages, communication companies and commercial companies utilizing office automation systems.
Program Admission Requirements
- Successfully obtaining The Sudan High School Certificate or its equivalent in scientific studies or techno-industrial studies.
- Obtaining of pass marks in the four compulsory subjects (English language, Arabic language, Religion studies and additional mathematics).
- Obtaining pass marks in Physics, Chemistry and one of the following subjects: Computer studies, engineering sciences, Art and Design, Fundamentals of Industries, Technical drawing, Workshops studies.
Terms of Admission
- Success in Admission tests and interviews.
- Commitment to abide with the University rules, regulations and discipline.
- Commitment to settle the complete amount of tuition fees in due time.